The Tokyo Olympics opening kicked off early this morning, and the parade of countries, the place athletes stroll by means of Japan’s Olympic stadium, had a Japanese twist. A medley of videogame music, orchestrated, fashioned the soundtrack for the parade.
All of it kicked off with the primary theme from Dragon Quest — which sounds fairly Olympian outright — adopted by hits from Remaining Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Nier, Sonic, Chrono Set off and, er, eFootball. (That is the brand new title for Professional Evolution Soccer, in case you missed it.)
There are some notable omissions — no Nintendo songs (Pokemon? Mario? Zelda?) being the most important one — however some Avenue Fighter II songs might need fitted properly into the aggressive theme. Possibly the latter was too violent?
The march hasn’t fairly completed, and we’ll attempt to embed a video right here once we can. The USA would be the third-to-last nation to march, because it’s internet hosting the Olympics quickly in LA — you would possibly have the ability to catch the ultimate components of the march on the NBC live stream.
With some assist from Nikkan Sports, this is the complete tracklist.
– Dragon Quest “Overture: Roto’s Theme”
– Remaining Fantasy “Victory Fanfare”
– Tales of collection “Sorey’s Theme – The Shepherd”
– Monster Hunter “Proof of a Hero”
– Kingdom Hearts “Olympus Coliseum”
– Chrono Set off, “Frog’s Theme”
– Ace Fight “First Flight”
– Tales of collection “Pomp and Majesty”
– Monster Hunter “Wind of Departure”
– Chrono Set off “Robo’s Theme”
– Sonic the Hedgehog “Star Mild Zone”
– Profitable Eleven (Professional Evolution Soccer) “eFootball walk-on theme”
– Remaining Fantasy “MAIN THEME” –
– Phantasy Star Universe “Guardians”
– Kingdom Hearts “Hero’s Fanfare”
– Gradius (Nemesis) “01 ACT I-1”
– NieR “Tune of the Ancients”
– SaGa collection “The Orchestral SaGa – Legend of Music”
– Soul Calibur “The Courageous New Stage of Historical past”
Hopefully, a sort soul will make a Spotify playlist for us. Please?
All merchandise advisable by Engadget are chosen by our editorial group, unbiased of our guardian firm. A few of our tales embody affiliate hyperlinks. In case you purchase one thing by means of one in every of these hyperlinks, we might earn an affiliate fee.