A narrative from MyDrivers (through Videocardz) exhibits us that the GPU occasion is over for now and costs will nearly actually begin creeping again up once more. GPU costs have reached an all-time low again in July and the whole lot appeared to be recovering however it appears just like the second rally of Ethereum has began and exhibits no indicators of slowing down: which has traditionally spelled catastrophe for GPU costs.
I tweeted again in August that the GPU occasion is over so far as I can see and can not advise folks to attend earlier than shopping for. It was clear nearly a month in the past that the forecasted pattern was going up once more and it has materialized nearly to a tee in September 2021. ETH has crossed $3900 and with it, the broader cryptocurrency market has gone up once more and profitability has nearly doubled since early August.
— Usman Pirzada (@usmanpirzada) August 11, 2021
Videocardz additionally compiled the information from MyDrivers and we will see that costs for the RTX 3070 Ti are already up by 18% and climbing. That is one thing that the final report from 3DCenter additionally displays and we will see the upwards pattern seen within the graphic on the high of the article.
Graphics Card Costs in 🇩🇪🇦🇹 Aug 29, 2021
👉 Availability continues to be good, however lose a step.
👉 AMD costs barely up (once more).
— 3DCenter.org (@3DCenter_org) August 30, 2021
- RTX 3070 Ti: 600 yuan (92 USD)
- RTX 3080 and RTX 3070: +300-400 yuan (46-62 USD)
- RTX 3060 Ti, RTX 3060, and RTX 2060: +200-350 yuan (31-54 USD)
- GTX 1660 and GTX 1050: +100-150 yuan. (15-23 USD)
- RX 6600 XT: +400 yuan (62 USD)
- RTX 3090 and RTX 3080 Ti: +200-400 yuan (31-62 USD)
- RTX 3070 Ti, RTX 3070: +100-300 yuan (15-46 USD)
- RTX 3060 Ti, RTX 3060: +300 yuan (46 USD)
- RTX 2060, GTX 1660, GTX 1650: +100 yuan (15 USD)
- GTX 1050 Ti: +80 yuan (12 USD)
- No change, however practically all mid to high-end playing cards are out of inventory
Upstream uncooked wafer foundries like Shin Etsu and International Wafers are working at 100% capability (and this isn’t one thing they will simply enhance upon). With NVIDIA set to return to TSMC as effectively, we’re current in what is actually an enormous zero-sum recreation with no hope of capability enhancements until the tip of 2022. Though ETH will shift to ETH 2.0 someday later this yr, which is able to get rid of GPU mining on that specific coin, there are nonetheless altcoins you can mine on a GPU and even NVIDIA’s LHR collection has been unlocked for greater than 70% of its non-LHR hash fee.