A brand new Alan Wake Remastered PC graphics comparability has surfaced, evaluating the unique model to the remastered one operating on an NVIDIA RTX 3080 GPU.
Yesterday we already lined an Xbox comparability video, and immediately, YouTube channel “ElAnalistaDeBits” has shared a PC comparability video. Yesterday’s comparability already highlighted among the remaster’s points on Xbox consoles, and immediately’s PC comparability exhibits that, though the PC model seems to be considerably higher than the console variations, numerous facets might nonetheless be improved. Essential enhancements of this remaster embrace improved texturing, lighting, and elevated geometry, however modeling of the characters and the brand new lighting really feel considerably disappointing with, for example, the foliage having misplaced a few of its attraction as a result of new lighting.
You’ll be able to take a look at the brand new comparability video down beneath and decide for your self:
- This comparability has been made utilizing an RTX 3080.
- D3T Studio has made this remaster (the identical as Mafia II: DE and Shenmue 1 & 2 HD).
- The remaster primarily provides enhancements in texturing, elevated geometry and an up to date lighting system.
- Nevertheless, the lead to some facets shouldn’t be totally passable. Alan has extra geometry now, however the outcome (in my view) shouldn’t be ok.
- The brand new lighting significantly improves the ambient occlusion, provides new factors of sunshine and godrays, however that environment has been misplaced in evening environments.
- The foliage has misplaced a lot of its attraction with the brand new lighting.
- CONTROL makes masterful use of lighting and ray tracing. I might have appreciated an identical lead to Alan Wake Remastered.
- Cutscenes endure some freezes within the remaster, inflicting audio desynchronization (extra widespread on consoles).
- The drawing distance is smaller within the remaster with respect to the unique within the vegetation.
- Fortunately, the PC model is healthier tailored than the console model.
Alan Wake Remastered is out there now globally for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Collection X|S, and PlayStation 4/5. As beforehand lined, this remaster goals to supply improved visible results and lighting alongside enhanced character fashions and richer atmosphere particulars. As defined by Treatment, the sport doesn’t help Ray Tracing or HDR on any platform as a consequence of it being too time-consuming to implement. It does, nevertheless, help DLSS on PC.
“As it is a remaster constructed on the prevailing Alan Wake engine and expertise, including in ray tracing / HDR help was deemed too time-consuming”, Treatment defined within the sport’s FAQ. “This could have taken assets away from different essential areas.”
Treatment formally introduced the remaster final month.