Age of Empires IV has been out for a number of weeks now and gamers are getting comfy with its new programs, however what comes subsequent? Properly, Canadian AoE4 developer Relic Leisure have revealed what they plan so as to add to the sport over the approaching months. Whereas no huge content material drops are deliberate, quite a lot of welcome adjustments are on the best way, together with new user-generated content material instruments, lots of of stability tweaks, and extra. You may take a look at the roadmap for your self, beneath.
Right here’s a bit extra detail on what to expect from Age of Empires IV before the end of the year…
- Make the selection to activate and think about in-game participant scores! Primarily based on neighborhood suggestions, we’ve made the choice to implement in-game scores for many who want to have them. We all know that utilizing this characteristic can change the best way you select to play the sport, and so we need to empower you to make the selection for your self – beginning with our Winter 2021 replace, you’ll be capable of allow in-game participant rating on a case-by-case foundation for customized foyer multiplayer and skirmish matches.
- The flexibility to view the map post-match is one thing you’ve requested for, and we’ve begun to make adjustments to help you do exactly that. Beginning with the Winter 2021 replace, you’ll be capable of pan throughout the map of a accomplished match after ending up your recreation – we’ll be seeking to fold in further choices to help you simply change forwards and backwards between the finished map view and post-game stats in Spring 2022.
- Refinements made to the in-game mini-map to enhance readability are additionally coming in Winter 2021. Enhancements embrace decreasing the dimensions of icons, making certain the Surprise icon on the mini-map matches the icon displayed within the HUD, growing the dimensions of the Major City Heart compared to different Landmarks, and adjusting the colour of sure sources.
- We’ve moved the Chinese language Dynasty button and person interface to a much less outstanding place on the display. You’ll now discover it within the decrease left-hand nook.
- A whole lot of stability adjustments (actually!)
…and right here’s what’s coming in Spring of 2022.
- Person Generated Content material and instruments help you deliver your concepts to life. Not a mod maker your self? No worries, you’ll nonetheless be capable of benefit from the work of others — sampling their imaginative and prescient for distinctive maps, modes, and extra. This can present simply one other solution to really make historical past your story in Age of Empires IV.
- Spring 2022 can even see the beginning of Ranked Seasons. Ranked Seasons will span 12 weeks, permit gamers to compete head-to-head, climb the ranked ladder, and earn unique in-game rewards primarily based on efficiency. We sit up for sharing extra about Seasons in 2022, and if you happen to’re seeking to get some practices in forward of time, we’d encourage you to brush up in your information with the Artwork of Conflict challenges, Marketing campaign or play towards AI and different gamers!
Lastly, listed below are a few of the adjustments which are deliberate for additional down the road…
- World Construct Queue – We all know it is a characteristic a lot of you’ve got loved in earlier Age titles and want to see in Age of Empires IV.
- Enhancements to the Unit Stat card – Primarily based in your suggestions, we’re trying into how we will higher serve up probably the most significant stats at a look.
- Hotkey Enhancements – We acknowledge that hotkeys are a giant element in aggressive play and are a subject our neighborhood cares an incredible deal about. This can be a greater change, and one thing we’re investigating from a number of totally different angles, together with a motion away from the grid system in addition to implementing a number of different choices through hotkey picks.
- Taunts and Cheats – A part of the Age Legacy, we’re exploring what these parts would look (and sound!) like in Age of Empires IV.
- AI Problem – We’ve heard from you that AI problem might use some tuning, particularly making the Straightforward AI much less aggressive and boosting the problem of the Onerous AI.
- Waypoint Indicators – One other high quality of life characteristic from earlier Age titles, we all know that is one thing a lot of you need to see returned to Age of Empires IV.
Age of Empires IV is accessible now on PC.